Aug 19, 2015
Having discussed a wargame that they didn't much like last week,
this week the Adventuring Party discusses one that they very much
DO like. The Great War is Richard Borg's latest game in the Command
& Colours series, this time based during... well, the title
kind of gives it away.
- 0.59: “Great” meaning large or immense (we use it in the
- 1.20: You rarely hear a strong accent from Oisin, but his
pronunciation of the word “but” there was more Dublin than Dubliner
- 2.02: The Reaper mini kickstarter – for people who actually
needed TOO MANY minis:
- 4.12: I feel I now have enough information to make a reasonable
guess as to who this is.
- 5.23: AW YEAH, HEX GRID
- 20.55: Is he the evil midnight bomber what bombs at
- 22.52: Said in the tone that a disapproving parent might say
“with their Yu-Gi-Ohs and their Pokemans”
- 23.02: Quote of the Episode: “Surprisingly few battles, I find
from personal experience, are improved by the inclusion of a Giant
Spider in the third act”
- 27.35: But surely the slight difference in their epaulettes
would be a CLEAR indicator!
- 32.41: MEDICORE! https://youtu.be/BX-FMvt83fA?t=53s