Jun 10, 2015
This week's hosts: Liam, Graham and Oisin
Though the terrifying case of the Giant Rat of Sumatra is sadly
not included, the head scratching cases of Sherlock Holmes
Consulting Detective provide plenty to talk about for the intrepid
crime solvers of the Adventuring Party!
- 0.35: Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2511/sherlock-holmes-consulting-detective
- 1.04: To be honest, my deep-seated need to be a lackey was the
reason I got into gaming in the first place.
- 3.10: I don't think I really need to provide you with a link to
Shut Up & Sit Down. If you're agog with interest, just google
it. Or google “standard reference pear”.
- 12.14: And when confronted with the answer written in the book,
the investigation took a startling leap forward!
- 13.40: From the way Liam said “dropped out” there, I'm just
assuming there were inverted commas around it. Oral punctuation
marks are a fine art, and should be protected. Especially if you're
Victor Borge: https://youtu.be/Qf_TDuhk3No
- 14.29: Quote of the Episode: “But you get to sit there being
smug at people for an entire hour; is that not the best thing
- 17.17: Bejewelling is still legal, fortunately. I'm sure we
could sort something out.
- 19.31: Such a game as Oisin describes exists! It is called
GUMSHOE! Rejoice, all the girls and boys! http://www.pelgranepress.com/site/?page_id=672
- 24.18: Oisin earns 3 points for a completely unexpected Feist
- 26.08: Aw yeah! The Mummy's Curse? I'm sold! That's some high
quality case-naming right there.
- 31.07: Ooh, ooh, a 10-gallon hat! Like Boss Hog!