Nov 12, 2014
This week's hosts: Liam, Graham, Eoin
This week, the Adventuring Party reviews a very gentle and
terribly entertaining sounding game about growing beautiful bamboo
gardens while they are being ravaged by a hungry (and occasionally
terrified) Panda. Good times, good times.
- 0.45: Here we encounter one of those funny rules about almost
all boardgames ever. You see that bit on the boardgame box there,
where it tells how long the game is going to take? Top Tip: that is
- 1.14: I was going to edit that bit out, but Eoin shouting “Zut
alors!” was amusing so I left it in. Apparently no-one says zut
alors in France anymore, it would be like an English person saying
- 6.30: A trait I've often longed for myself.
- 7.49: Take no ko is the Japanese name for edible bamboo shoots,
the favoured food of the Panda. Eoin also says this at the 11.00
mark, but I am unable to see the future so I can't unlook that up
and I like to show my work.
- 18.15: LIGHTNING STRIKES! For appropriate soundtrack, click
- 27.31: Quote of the Episode: “I was actually going to go to the
Dark Horse last week, but thankfully when I was half-way there
Oscar Schindler put me on a train and sent me to Poland”
- 29.32: I'm pretty screwed, then.
- 31.39: Top marks, Graham, top marks.
- 33.14: Bride of Quote of the Episode: “My dogs in RPGs are
always called Trouble; wherever he went, Trouble followed
- 33.50: Here's Eoin's list of games. Have a look at the links,
and let us know if there's one of them in particular you want to
hear about! Drop us a line at our Irish
Gaming page or on Facebook:
Lagoon: Land of Druids
Wield: A Little Game about Ancient Powers
Xia: Legends of a Drift System
Discuss this episode on irishgaming.com