Jul 8, 2014
Hello everyone! This week we discuss and review the recent games
convention in Dublin, Hobocon 3. We also claim that we're going to
review a boardgame, but then we don't. What you gonna do about it,
huh? Yeah, that's what I thought; nothin'. Keep walkin', buddy.
- 0.35: This is all entirely lies. We don't review Resistance
Avalon at all. That'll be a future episode!
- 0.48: My chronovariance strikes before the reviews even
- 1.21: Edge of Tomorrow is based on All you need is
- 3.01: Did somebody say Gaelcon? I
think somebody said Gaelcon!
- 8.30: More info on Pathfinder
- 9.16: Pathfinder's world of Golarion is nicely
compartmentalised like that. I particularly like Revolutionary
- 10.44: God, why are we talking about Peig? Everyone hates
- 11.40: Ok, full disclosure: some or all of what I said there
may be complete rubbish. The film in question was Robert J.
Flaherty's Man of Aran and,
first of all, it isn't silent. You can watch it with glorious sound
here on YouTube. Second,
I have NO IDEA where I got the bit about Inuits from. I think I was
getting confused with Nanook of the North. Anyway, he
misrepresented the islandfolk, that much is true.
- 14.07: Quote of the Episode: “You are wise like Owl... is that
a +3 or a +4?”
- 17.11: The Quarriors/Marvel things is called Marvel
- 21.03: Did somebody order a LARGE
- 23.25: That was, indeed, a joke that will not make sense until
the next episode drops!
- 26.29: ...and that's another joke that won't make sense until
next week. Also, spoilers.
Discuss this episode on the
Irish Gaming forum