May 20, 2014
This week on the Adventuring Party, we discuss upcoming Dublin
convention Hobocon, which is entering its third year... somewhat
surprisingly, considering that it was begun as a one-off
Convention, and they raffled off the Con Director position last
Hobocon website: http://hobocon.ie/
- 0.36: In fairness, if you're going to nick subtitles, Die Hard
is a good place to go
- 1.05: Oh damn! Burn! We're on board the U.S.S. Smackdown and
Humbug is the Captain!
- 2.28: Our review of
Cards Against Humanity
- 3.01: You only have that if you're weak. Sleep is for the weak,
GAMING IS FOR THE STRONG!
- 3.36: Quote of the Episode: “It wasn't a Mass! It was just...
people who like God, singing”
- 4.25: Towel block?
- 5.35: It's gotten very Fisher King up in here!
- 6.45: What's all this talk of neutral speculation? What have
you done with the real Humbug!?
- 9.54: YEAH SAVAGE WORLDS! WOO!
- 11.49: I actually went to the website for this one. It's “Ferro
Igni Quacumque Vi”, which according to the Cosmic Owl means “With
Fire and Force”. Which is a pretty badass name, in fairness.
- 12.34: It's time to load your sack with doorknobs and go
vigilante on some older Vamps.
- 13.57: I can't believe Humbug said “you can get your teeth into
that” while talking about a Vampire game and no one brought it
- 15.15: This is like Kryptonite to Humbug... still,
you know what they say.
- 15.54: I've a terrible and beautiful idea. Every member of the
Adventuring Party who is at Hobocon should play the My Little Pony
- 18.57: Heh heh heh... butts.
- 20.10: There speaks the voice of experience.
- 27.34: I'm not 100% sure on it being “straight”. Force on Force
is more susceptible to utterly random bullhonky than any other game
I've played. Sometimes you can put a plan together, then roll a 1
and the game delivers cards saying “All your radios stop working,
your ammo turns out to be jellybeans, your commanding officer gets
killed by a badger, and all of your troop's pants fall down. Roll
- 27.40: Yeah! Back on track!
- 32.31: Ah, so THAT'S what the bottom of the barrel looks
- 33.03: I lacked humility because I WAS AWESOME. We made
them wait, then we made them lose.
- 33.32: I sometimes like to leave presents after the credits.
Not this week, of course. Nope.
Discuss this on irishgaming.com