Aug 20, 2014
This week's hosts: Cian, Humbug, Eoin and Oisin
On the Adventuring Party this week, we talk about abusive jerks
and how they can jerkily abuse a game... though we find that the
line which seems so clear in Wargames and CCGs gets a bit blurry
when it comes to RPGs.
We start off talking about RPGs. If you'ld like to hear the
other topics, have a look down through the show notes for
where they start.
- 1.05: I do not.
- 6.41: And like a damn trooper, Humbug answers the question
anyway. Good man!
- 8.51: Rule Zero is a pan-RPG social rule that applies to all
games. Like Oisin, I would have said the Rule Zero was "The GM
makes the rules; don't argue with the GM" – however, 1d4chan says
that's called the Golden Rule, and that Rule Zero is actually
"Roleplaying games are entertainment; your goal as a group is to
make your games as entertaining as possible." I like both rules,
whichever name you choose to give them.
- 10.30: Eoin is speaking accurately, if not exclusively, of me
- 11.46: Quote of the Episode (first time I've given it to
myself, but I like the following): “If I'm the GM... I AM THE
- 18.25: CCGS DISCUSSION STARTS HERE
- 20.10: That's a
thing that actually happened
- 21.44: LARPING DISCUSSION STARTS HERE
- 25.05: Humbug's always on the prowl for inexperienced
14-year-olds. Hey oh!
- 27.40: That's Eoin tut-tutting there, by the way.
- 29.26: WARGAMES DISCUSSION STARTS HERE
- 35.20: Eoin is referring here to the very popular X-Wing
miniatures game from Fantasy Flight
- 39.28: BROTHER!
- 40.52: I didn't find a GMs Girlfriend meme, but it does have
- 41.01: “Ladies” count – 2
Discuss this episode on www.irishgaming.com