Aug 26, 2015
The Adventuring Party presents the first of it's
two-part episode about the recent Gen Con in the USA. This week, we
discuss the sort of events, games and other goings on one can find
in North America's largest table-top game convention.
Also, I'm trying something new with the show notes
this week. Instead of just solitary comments, floating in time, I'm
providing descriptions of what gets discussed during a particular
period. Let me know if you like it / hate it / it's valuable / it
makes no difference.
- 0.30 - 4.40: Opening banter
- 0.43: For those who don't know, Gen Con is the
largest tabletop-game convention in North America. So there, so:
- 1.14: With so much globe-trotting going on, the
Adventuring Party may have to be renamed to "the Fabjabulous
Journodyssies of Professor Horatio Q. Burke"! In fact, I'm going to
do that for next week's episode.
- 2.50: Skip straight ahead to Gen Con! This episode
is long enough already, man!
- 3.23 – 4.40: Nothing but complaining about
- 4.40 – 9.54: Everything you ever wanted to know
about the queuing experience at Gen Con
- 7.03: Quote of the Episode: “Some people are quite
heavy, and if they break into a brisk jog they're not stopping in a
- 9.54 – 12.03: The balance of gaming vs trade at Gen
Con, and why it's so important for game makers.
- 12.34 – 17.13: How much gaming actually happens at
Gen Con, and how the tickets work.
- 18.24 - 20.25: The Trade Hall
- 20.25 - 21.37: Mention of the Predator deck-builder
leads to a decent side-track about Predator vs. Whoever comic
- 21.50 - 28.47: And now it's time for our favorite
- 27.55: Not mad. Just disappointed. I'd like to see
to a pie chart that measures everything we've talked about over the
years. I reckon Pathfinder would be the biggest slice.
- 28.53: Hex online CCG https://www.hextcg.com/
- 29.46 - 30.48: L5R 20th anniversary party
- 31.01 - 33.25: Game demos in the Trade Hall