Nov 26, 2014
This week's hosts: Icecream, Graham, Oisin, Humbug, Stu and
Recorded at live at Ireland's biggest anime convention! This
week, the Adventuring Party brings you its panel discussion from
Eirtakon, where we talked about the Japanese table-talk RPG,
Ryuutama. And I guess we answered a few audience questions as well.
And we talked about bad-tempered elephants.
- 3.46: Pro Tip: “Misplaced commas or absent, commas are how you
break any game”
- 5.18: Oh crap, Graham's asking the hard questions.
- 6.08: Stu asked if “Table-Talk RPG” was a typo – apparantly
not, according to this
wikipedia article which claims RPGs “are called table-talk RPG,
TTRPG or TRPG in Japan to distinguish them from the video
role-playing game genre.”
- 6.28: Ha ha, Pat's old. Wait! I'M OLD! Awww...
- 11.27: For those eagle-eared listeners who heard the clink of
glass in the background there, there were a few reprobates hanging
around the back of our panel room who were still there from the
Cocktails Panel that had just finished, and spent our entire panel
getting very politely and quietly drunk. Heroes, all.
- 15.23: I can't believe I didn't make the Magic Farmer joke. Did
you hear about the Magic Farmer? He went down the road and turned
into a field.
- 17.57: Oddjob's hat is
- 25.05: Crystal
- 34.57: This one's for you, Stephen!
- 37.00: For those who are wondering what love hotels are.
I feel the name is fairly explanatory, though.
- 37.09: That guy was very quiet, but his question was if we had
encountered other story-heavy games, particularly Nobilis and
Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine
Discuss this episode on irishgaming.com