Mar 5, 2014
In this week's episode of Monte Cook's The Adventuring Party by
Monte Cook, we review and rate his recently released RPG, Numenera
– a game we've followed from its inception through to its release,
and now get to analyse in-depth, like a scrivener rummaging through
- 1.46: No one can replace Humbug.
The Cypher System.
- 3.00: 10,000
hours theory. It's a real thing!
- 3.58: I strayed onto Oisin's turf here. Stay off the East
- 5.48: Here comes the B-dog to drop some truth bombs!
- 10.36: One of them is a big pit in the ground with spikes at
the bottom and a sign saying “Free XP”. That one's a doozy.
- 13.07: None of your heathen blabber here, Ois.
- 14.24: This fundamental concept of mathematics brought to you
by Icecream Cian.
- 15.14: Like Michael Phelps
- 15.46: Unless you're an EXCEPTIONALLY good cheat
- 20.37: Like Michael Phelps
- 28.23: That's why I never make plans
- 31.01: So, 30 minutes in, I finally get around to saying what
Numenera is really about
- 37.41: “I do whatever to you that I want”. That's a very
awkwardly constructed sentence.
- 48.33: "Ladies" count – 3
- 49.21: That book is now out, though I've not yet bought it. I
probably will. It might have naughty illustrations.
Discuss this episode on irishgaming.com