Oct 4, 2017
This week's hosts: Liam, Eoin and Seán.
This week we review the board game Through the Ages. Images of the
game can be found below show notes.
- 00:37 - Civilisation, not just a revolutionary PC Game
- 01:40 - It's a card game... Kind of
- 02:35 - Picture of play area below
- 03:10 - Clash of
- 03:50 - Everything is important
- 06:50 - The Adventuring Party recommends you allot 2 hours for
a 2 person game and an extra hour for each additional person...
This is not a game to play on your lunch break.
- 08:00 - It's all about cubes
- 09:00 - When it's not about cubes, it's about cards
- 10:30 - Brian has Despotic cubes
- 12:00 - Brian is lost
- 13:00 - Bulbs
- 13:54 - Are you a good cube, or a bad cube?
- 16:00 - First you get the workers, then you get the resources,
then you get the power!
- 17:44 - We're only on the first age!!!
- 19:20 - Liam wins on culture
- 20:10 - Go for the Pyramid!!!
- 22:30 - Brian is now only 60% lost... Progress!!
- 23:35 - The party indulge in some Civ Nostalgia
- 26:16 - Hate Drafting... Apparently,
it's a thing
- 27:50 - Don't knock your culture
- 31:20 - Beware the end of ages
- 34:13 - Quote of the episode "Some people LIKE moving an
enormous amount of men across a gigantic board"
- 36:05 - Pros: It's really complicated
- 36:09 - Cons: It's really complicated
- 37:47 -
Apple store apps available
- 38:17 - App by Czech
Play Area with rules
Full Overview of the Game
The Wonders (Go for the Pyramid!!!)