Mar 15, 2017
This week's hosts: Oisin, Sean, Mary
This week the party bring you the answers to our annual pub quiz
and reveal our winner.
- 00:45 - Who knew Happy Birthday to you had such a history
- 00:50 - Clearly all those with musical talent were absent from
recording, stay tuned!
- 01:30 - Round Cathal:
- C1: In Tron one of most popular sports involved throwing
circular items at each other until someone was derezzed, what were
these items called?
Answer: Light Discs or Identity Discs
- C2: Turanga Leela became the first woman to play in the
professional league of which sport?
- C3: How many points is a golden snitch worth in quidditch?
- C4: Where would you expect to play Flamingo Croquet?
- C5: Jiggly Ball, the ultimate use of tennis balls was featured
in which tv show?
- C6: What is the appropriate defense to "You fight like a dairy
Answer: “How appropriate you fight like a cow”
- C7: In final fantasy 7 you get a gold chocobo if you breed a
wonderful chocobo with what colour?
- C8: The blue shell which punishes the winning player is from
what racing game?
Answer: Mario Kart
- 05:47 - Round Brian
- B1: What is the cause of the zombies in The Living Dead at the
Answer: Ultra-sonic radiation
- B2: Where on Earth are you closest to space?
- B3: Poncho, Hawkins, Billy, Blain and Mac were members of whose
Answer: Dutch's team
- It's Arnold Schwarzenegger's character from Predator. I feel I must apologies for the ignorance of
the panel. This is shameful. SHAMEFUL!!!
- B4: Which US Civil War officer is attributed the quote 'The
only good Indian is a dead Indian'?
Answer: Philip Sheridan
- Philip Sheridan was an Irish American general in US
- B5: Who vows to make alien bastards pay for shooting up his
Answer: Duke Nukem
- B6: What rank is Al in Quantum Leap?
- Answer: U.S. Navy rear admiral
- B7: The recently released 5th edition of which classic board
game comes with d6's, d8's and a d16?
- B8: Provide a forumla to determine the total number of pips on
any given die type?
- 10:36 - Round Sean
- S1: Not counting the starter set or the three core rulebooks,
how many supplement books and adventure books have been released by
Wizards of the Coast for Dungeons & Dragons Fifth Edition to
date? (Not including Adventurer’s League scenarios.)
Answer: Nine (Hoard of the Dragon Queen, Rise of Tiamat, Princes of
the Apocalypse, Elemental Evil Player’s Guide, Out of the Abyss,
Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide, Curse of Strahd, Storm King’s
Thunder, Volo’s Guide to Monsters)
- S2: In One-Punch Man, How did Saitama, get his superpowers,
according to himself?
Answer: 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squads, and a 10km run every
- 12:20 - Jogging aside that's only a 10 minute workout. If you
break them up into sets of 10 or 20 that is a piece of cake.
- S3: During a protest on Ceres Station, you see a poster that
reads “Remember the Cant.” Who’s face is on the poster?
Answer: James Holden
- 12:30 - Watch The Expanse, it's great
- S4: In Doc McStuffins, who gave Doc her Magic Stethoscope?
Answer: Her Grandmother
- 13:05 - What I'm wondering is how does Sean know this...
- S5: Nicki Minaj voices which Steven Universe character?
- S6: In the main Marvel continuity, how many humans have carried
the title of Captain Marvel?
Answer: Two (Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers)
- S7: In the Lupin the Third board game, Lupin’s victory
condition is to escape with the treasure and all of his gang with
him. What is Fujiko’s victory condition?
Answer: To escape with the treasure, alone if necessary.
- S8: In the board game, Doggy Go! How many breeds of dogs are
Answer: Seven! (French Bulldog, Welsh Corgi, Shiba, Poodle,
Schnauzer, Taiwanese Native Dog, Dachsshund)
- 15:46 - Round Eoin:
- E1: Who was the 30th entrant in the 2017 Royal Rumble?
Answer: Roman Reigns
- E2: What system is currently being used by Conan, Mutant
Chronicles and Infinity RPG’s?
Answer: 2d20 System
- E3: In Star Wars Destiny, what point cost is the elite version
of Luke Skywalker?
- E4: Which monster devours iron with a wave of its feathery
Answer: Rust Monster
- E5: Which anime series last year involved a person travelling
back to his own youth in school?
- E6: How many years late is Far West rpg?
Answer: 5 years
- E7: Which publisher is working on the 4th edition of Warhammer
Answer: Cubicle 7. Eoin wrote the answer on the back of a postcard
/ phone email!
- E8: Which Pathfinder small creature has the fastest Base land
speed in the game?
- 22:00 - Round Liam:
- L1: Gencon has an anniversary this year, which one is it?
- 22:30 - It's ok, Eoin will be there too. As will I (Liam). If
the gear wasn't impractical to transport we could do a live at
- L2: In 2016, in the regular marvel continuity, who killed War
Machine (James Rhodes)?
Answer: The mad titan himself, Thanos
- L3: The day after Gencon what is happening in 14 of the
continental states of the USA?
Answer: Solar Eclipse
- 23:20 - Sadly not Mary. If you want to get totality you need to
drive 3 1/2
hours south to Tennessee or Illinois
- L4: What game won "Spiel des Jahres" this year (in the overall
game of the year category)?
- L5: Where is Leprecon taking place this year?
Answer: The Teachers Club
- L6: What is the current theme/season for pathfinder
Answer: Year of the Stolen Storm
- L7: What are the playable powers in Axis & Allies
Answer: Germany, Italy, Japan, UK, USA, USSR. China is not a
playable power, the US player controls them and the Flying Tigers
- L8: What team has won the most superbowls? (In the case of a
tie who did it first)
Answer: Pittsburgh Steelers have worn the most Superbowls (6). At
the time of recording I mistakenly thought the Patriots already had
5 titles. They had 4 and now have 5. Hopefully their last for a
while. Pats fans are insufferable!
- 28:07 - I'll let this picture of me wearing a large novelty cheese
wedge do the talking for me.
- 29:30 - 35! Some soft marking going on there I suspect.
Nonetheless, congratulations to our winner for 2017, Declan.
- 30:50 - My talents are clearly being wasted. Ladies and
gentlemen, your all singing, all whistling, all kazooing and all
using a dice bag as a maraca host!