Nov 19, 2014
This week's hosts: Liam, Graham, Eoin
This week on the Adventuring Party we venture forth once again
into the trackless wastes of the mailbag, scouring out only the
finest listener questions to bring to your ears. Today we discuss
particular pet peeves we have in RPGs.
- 1.07: Ken and Robin talk
- 3.25: The
Black Crusade books about the Chaos God
- 4.33: Nurgle was always my favourite Chaos God, expressley
because he IS happy all the time, and genuinely looks out for his
followers. After he's finished giving them horrifying diseases, he
takes care of them. I call him “Big Papa Nurgle”.
- 6.22: Up until now it's been a very interesting conversation
about fantasy theology, but if you want to skip straight to the
meat of the topic, it starts here.
- 12.31: Well, I wouldn't say I play Pathfinder.
I've played Pathfinder.
- 14.51: Liam is referring to E6 here,
a style of playing DnD where you stop levelling once you hit 6,
apart from feats
- 16.33: Service guarantees
- 24.31: Hilariously, my cleric is a specialised one that uses a
sword, so I'd still be screwed
- 29.23: People get fed hemlock for that kind of thing
- 31.42: Oh my God, Graham, that's the best idea ever!
- 34.41: Elven Entanglement always makes me think of Quantum
Entanglement, which makes me think of Terry Pratchett's theory
about faster-than-light communications by virtue of torturing a
small king. “All right, when you guys are ready to go, punch your
Elf right in the nuts. Right in the nuts.”
- 39.12: Quote of the Episode: “Well, it's a bit railroady.
There's a beginning, an end and also, I'm terrified to report... a