Jul 23, 2014
What up, scrubs? This week, we discuss two live-action events;
one which has gone, and one which is yet to come. The Academy of
Eblana event 3 (or 4, depending on who you ask) was in Louth at the
end of last month, and Last Summer Weekend will be on in the Dublin
Mountains this Saturday... yes, three days from now.
This week's hosts: Liam, Graham, Cian and Oisin
Guest: Nick Huggins
- 0.37: For those at home, we're talking to gaming legend Nick
Huggins. Well, he's a legend to me. I manage to contain myself when
I'm in his company, but he was responsible for the most amazing
LARPs I played at Irish conventions when I had just started
attending them as a wee un, so talking to him is effectively
meeting a childhood hero for me. Man, I hope Nick doesn't read
these show notes.
- 0.52: Last Summer
- 0.58: Academy of
- 1.48: God DAMN that was a smooth plug from Graham. He's right,
though, the IGA does have a new website. Check it out!
- 3.32: It occurs to me that most of the derailing on this show
may be my fault.
- 4.56: It also occurs to me that I should put up a link to this
calendar we've been plugging. Google
- 10.27: Man, I really hope I pronounced Hannah's name correctly
there. If not; sorry, Hannah!
- 20.23: Eblana discussion begins here
- 21.14: The
Sidhe. They're not a bunch of happy chappies. Well, they
can be, but not for any reasons that would make you happy. Unless
you're a remorseless sociopath.
- 23.48: I didn't know Eoin was at Eblana. Zing! Oh snap! Oh
burn! It's easier to rag on Eoin when he isn't there, being smarter
- 34.36: In a remarkable reversal of Irish stereotypes, Nick
starts fights when he HASN'T been drinking.
- 40.39: Quote of the Episode: "I'm now seeing you as that guy...
who was that guy from Trainspotting?... that's not helpful, they
were all Scottish"
- 40.52: The conversation concerning mass character death begins
here. Good stuff all round, I felt.