Jan 10, 2018
This week's hosts: Liam, Oisin, Eoin and Sean
This week the party discuss why gamers love trains (but utterly
fail to discuss if trains feel the same way).
- 00:41 I think Sean sums up how everyone feels at this point
"This is a question I didn't even know I had until you posted
- 01:07 I don't know if this is it, but check out Tokyo
Freeway for some vertical freeway building action!
- 01:09 Ticket To Ride,
- 02:13 Ticket to
- 04:57 It's an odd thing to edit an episode you weren't there
for, I just keep yelling the answer at the screen "AGE OF EMPIRES,
IT'S AGE OF
- 06:42 AEGs "Trains"
the deck building game
- 09:08 A difference in Rail networks
1920 vs 2016 Ireland
- 10:06 I'm interested in this game, keep talking Eoin.
- 13:37 Pret-a-Porter (Not
a la Mode)
- 14:07 Magic
Maze - I agree with Liam here, I've also played it and while it
is great fun I found the theme oddly jarring. Personally I would
love a sci-fi reskin where you are trying to escape some kind of
self destructing complex and need to collect coloured keycards
(instead of treasure) like every 90s videogame ever. Lets you
explain the portals and why you need to collect everything before
- 14:55 As a complete aside, I really love the phrase
"Dollars to Donuts"
- 15:59 I'm actually just a simple classic jam donut kinda guy
myself (jelly donut for our American friends).
- 16:02 Lifeboats
Rocky Road a la Mode
- 22:02 Thats two game ideas so far!
- 22:18 Quote/Joke of the Episode "I don't think there has
ever been any RPG where you play a train..... I think it
would literally be a bit of a railroad"
- 22:54 Galaxy Express
- 24:11 Thomas the
- 25:50 It was when Sean actually named the Engine that was
bricked up that I actually realised he possibly had some repressed
childhood PTSD about this episode.
- 27:25 Memoir 44