May 7, 2014
Oh my, look at the time! It's quarter past Con review – and this
week we give the critical eye to Vaticon in UCD. There's a
not-inconsiderable amount of LRP in there as well, as the second
official Academy of Eblana event also ran at Vaticon. We also get
side-tracked a lot and just end up chatting about RPGs, peasant
rail-guns and L5R. Look, there's a Vaticon review in there
- 0.35: It didn't start how I'm used to! I got confused!
- 3.36: BOYCOTT THE CRUSH! BOYCOTT THE CRUSH! I'm going to
leverage a socially mobile viral campaign using best market
- 5.08: We were powerful giddy while recording these episodes.
Something in the air. Summer, maybe? Or just leggy blondes?
- 5.56: If you don't know who Rex Ready is... well, you're welcome
- 6.44: We just decided to drop another host in and keep going as
if nothing had changed. SEAMLESS.
- 7.09: Oh, and now we're talking about Eblana. We'll get back to
Vaticon in a minute.
- 11.08: Gah! My oobris!
- 11.30: Inspector Dave to the rescue.
- 11.51: Man, it's a good thing I travel randomly through
- 14.22: Keep doing your job, Eoin: Salute of the
- 15.52: Quote of the episode: “Let me assure you, when you are
in Elf ears, and you are wandering around asking people 'where is
the secret lake'?...”
- 17.39: Oh man. Get ready for it. What I thought was a pretty
good joke falls on its face so hard it needs to get teeth
- 18.11: Oh God, here it is.
- 22.42: So when I said a minute, I meant about 15 minutes.
- 24.39: I don't know, Liam. I think you should crush their
youthful exuberance with pedantic rules-lawyering until they no
longer feel any joy, and every remaining day of their life becomes
a grey, emotionless haze.
- 26.08: The game in question is Thornwatch, and there's a good
look at it on the
- 31.28: Subtle
- 32.56: The peasant
railgun is one of my favourite things. No self-respecting
GM would ever allow such a monstrosity, of course, but it's a
wonderful excercise in pushing the strict interpretation of RPG
- 47.00: At some point we'll just have to give in and hand
control of all Irish gaming over to Dungeons and Donuts.
Discuss this episode on irishgaming.com