Feb 19, 2014
This week Justicar Liam, Blackguard Icecream and Paladin Creanor
discuss a social problem in gaming we have chosen to call “The
Paladin Problem”, though I reckon it could equally be called “The
I've fixed the problem with incorrect time-stamps by editing in
the intro before I start editing the main episode. So, for the
first time, my notes below will actually sync up with the episode.
- 2.43: Some would say ADnD 2ed is the BEST DnD. Some
would say it's the worst. Possibly it's just been around for so
long, and was the Lingua Franca of RPGs for so long, that it has
had time to be very, very divisive.
- 3.23: It occurs to me that saying “I'm not... mad” could very
well be taken as a sign that you are, in fact, crazier than a Dire
- 3.50: I don't think that actually was Byron.
- 4.11: Which is completely different from catching A
werewolf, a problem with it's own unique set of difficulties.
- 4.58: DING DING DING! Lawful Stupid is today's
prize phrase! You win a yacht!
- 7.00: Uh-oh, the eye of judgement is starting to turn towards
chaotic players. Might be time for me to leave.
- 10.12: That's “Chaotic Evil” to you lot. Equally you could
write “See me”, if you're also a teacher.
- 12.45: Do
- 13.19: Accessory to thinking about kicking a
- 16.45: Quote of the show “If you go down and murder an old man
and steal his shoes... you get arrested, and we all get arrested as
- 16.58: Real close to dropping an f-bomb there,
- 18.43: Finally, a way to clean my soul of the black and
horrifying sins I've committed!
- 20.42: If you're interested in GMing for the Pathfinder
Society, ping Liam an email at email@example.com
- 29.14: Hey! It's the name of the show!
- 29.36: Oh here we go, Icecream is ragging on Fate again.
- 34.07: What this? Role-playing in a gaming podcast?
- 36.56: Liam the Rogue is significantly raising the stakes from
the few villages I'd been threatening earlier. Typical rogue
Discuss this episode on irishgaming.com