Sep 3, 2014
This week's hosts: Liam, Humbug, Eoin and Graham
Boardgames, boardgames, boardgames! Well, just one boardgame.
But it's a doozy. This week, the Adventuring Party reviews the
award-winning A Few Acres of Snow, with particular attention to
that glorious magical artifact the Halifax Hammer. It's a
+8 hammer that ruins your game.
- 0.37: A Few Acres of
- 0.59: "You know that these two nations are at war about a few
acres of snow” - Voltaire. He seems to have used this phrase as
often as possible when referring to Canada. He didn't like it
- 1.37: Jenkin's ear itself was displayed before the British
- 2.39: Gah! The scourge of Deck Building games continues
unabated! Is nothing safe?
- 4.48: What does it,
- 10.55: How do you “mitigate” small settlements? Introduce them
to Monsieur le Torched To The Ground?
- 16.05: For Eoin, the Hammer is not a
boardgame strategy (concerning rumours that there was a 15 minute
break in editing while I watched an episode of Dr. Horrible... you
might very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment. Damn it,
now I want to watch House of Cards).
- 18.16: Mythotopia
- 18.56: Quote of the Episode: “I would honestly be less
interested in this if it was A Few Acres of An Asteroid”
- 25.59: He's doing it again!
- 27.25: Son of Quote of the Episode: “Ugg can do nothing about
Turn 1 attack from Russia. Ugg must just accept that Germany get
- 29.54: Alphabetised location cards are the sign of a sick
- 31.17: Ah, Humbug, you glorious curmudgeon!
Discuss this episode on www.irishgaming.com