Mar 31, 2015
This week's hosts: Liam, Humbug, Eoin and Icecream
Special Guests: Girls Get Gaming
Before we get stuck into the million review episodes that are
required after the Con Crush, let us all sit back and enjoy Part 2
of our interview with Irish gaming commentators Girls Get Gaming.
This week, we further discuss how social media can be used to
enrich the tabletop gaming and convention scene.
- 2.06: Don't be ridiculous, Humbug, that number is never going
to come up again.
- 2.33: You heard it here first, folks! Eoin Burke believes we
should round women up! He said more after that, but I wasn't
listening. Was he suggesting mandatory sterilisation? More at
- 3.54: Warhorn
- 4.24: We need to leverage the synergies in our core
competencies, inspiring a snowballing community-driven viral
campaign in key millennial demographics.
- 4.51: “That sounds dreadful to me. I hate people; I don't want
to debate them anonymously on twitter!”
- 7.02: If you ever want to hear the Pyjama Porn story, ask me in
- 11.27: I don't like Monopoly. It was designed bad on
- 13.26: This was a real thing!
Know your enemy, people.
- 14.15: Mind how you
- 16.41: Quote of the Episode: “'Don't expose yourself to other
people' is a widely-accepted standard for society in general”
- 17.56: Yeah, the Jane Austen thing lead to
at least one arrest for death and/or rape threats. Which,
sadly, has become sort of standard for social networking. Not the
arrest part; that's still pretty rare. It's death/rape threats
which have become commonplace.
- 19.48: The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that
one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is
against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and
oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped
at all. - H. L. Mencken
- 21.07: AWARD WINNING
- 23.45: Man, I'm looking forward to XCon as well, it's going to
be sweet. Or maybe Liam was saying ex-con, which would be less a
guarantee of a good time. Although that largely depends on a) your
definition of a good time and b) what they went to prison for in
the first place.
- 26.18: I was wrong! 
- 28.13: It's @adventuringpty – and if you've been listening to
the closing scroll for the last four weeks, you'll notice that we
have indeed updated it to include that information!