Nov 29, 2017
This week's hosts: Ian, Oisin Cathal and Seán
This week the party discuss the perils of introducing new
characters to your game? Bring them in as a starting character or
advance them and kit them out with the best?
- 00:01 - Apologies in advance for random clunky noises at
points. Some creaky furniture.
- 01:32 - Campaign vet versus new PC
- 02:47 - Compensating for cliffing
- 06:02 - RPG leveled up newbs vrs LARPs newb newbs
- 07:36 - Deadlands is a harsh mistress
- 12:52 - Bears can easily have treasure. Bear kills merchant.
Merchants gold/gems/valuables lie about where the bear roams or in
- 19:12 - Wealth can't compensate for competence
- 21:32 - Not really a problem in 5th ed
- 22:56 - Quote of the episode "Is your marriage on the rocks?
Play D&D 5th ed?"
- 25:27 - Be interesting to roll out but I think my money would
be on a 20th level fighter with no equipment to kill a dragon over
a 10th level fighter
- 27:07 - Living expenses is a good way to get around tracking
all the minor things like lantern oil
- 31:23 - Academy of Eblana
- 32:54 - It's not always about communication