Aug 10, 2016
This week's hosts: Liam, Humbug, and Stu
When is it a good time for a GM to hide the mechanics of a
game from their players? And when can a game be ruined by the
players knowing too much about the system? These are the problems
weighing on the minds of the Adventuring Party this week, and cause
much furrowed brows and sighing and et cetera.
- 0.44: Hail Computer!
- 2.09: Oh well, I guess I have to stop editing the episode
- 5.13: Where did the robots come from? I thought this was a WWII
- 10.57: Oh wow, I actually thought Liam was bringing that up as
an example of something he DIDN'T like.
- 12.35: Quote of the Episode: “The maître d' is very impressed
with you. Unfortunately this has not done anything to convince all
these people to join your cause.”
- 13.55: Quote of the Episode 2: “I rub my hands along every side
of it. Okay, did it explode in my face? No? Ok, well then, I don't
know. I knock on it, like uhhhh, buhhhh” It's Liam's despairing
tone of voice that really sells this.
- 15.34: Hail Computer!
- 24.16: Here's
Dunkelzahn's Will, for those who are interested. And it's not
Duncan Sand's Will, as I thought I heard. It also seems there's a
campaign for Shadowrun based on the Will, though
it's in french.
Dunkelzahn's Will: http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/game-resources/dunkelzahns-will/
French campaign: https://web.archive.org/web/20100404063722/http://membres.multimania.fr/imaginaute/toiledudragon/toiledudragonaccueil.htm