Oct 29, 2014
This week's hosts: Icecream, Graham, Humbug, Shane and Eoin
This week is the Adventuring Party's 300th Episode! We have
released an episode every Wednesday, without fail, for almost 6
years now. I'm proud to have been a part of this. Thanks for
listening, everyone! Here's to another 300 episodes.
What special madness do we have cooked up for you this week, you
ask? It's the Gaelcon 2014 review – recorded at Gaelcon itself!
- 3.11: Starship
Artemis. It should be noted that the guy who ran Starship
Artemis all weekend brought such a huge degree of fun to the Con,
improved so many people's weekends, and worked so hard that he was
awarded the Spirit of Gaelcon. Well done, Robb!
- 4.55: Quote of the Episode: “What next? Dogs and cats living
together as man and wife?”
- 8.46: Eoin's card, Hida
O-Win. Eoin has appeared in at least one other gaming product,
as (if memory serves) Battlin' Bob Burke, Mayor of Chicago. How
many other games will he invade before his mad lust for power is
- 16.47: 44? 44!
- 17.13: Andorians.
- 18.52: None of those words were words.
- 21.25: This guy's first LARP... for which he won the Best LARP
Award from Gaelcon! So it only seems appropriate to name him here:
- 22.56: I prefer “aeroplaning” to “flying”. I “car” places
frequently. I would have said “bicycle”, but people do actually say
that they bicycle to places.
- 24.51: Son of Quote of the Episode: “Leave now! *maching gun
cocking*” “And take your Tommy Guns and satchel bombs with
- 25.24: It's interesting that “unwinnable” made Shane and Humbug
happy, and myself and Graham were less enthused.
- 26.53: Bride of the Son of Quote of the Episode: “Exterminatus
Gunners don't have half a button!”
Xia: Legends of a Drift System - it is, unfortunately, not
a game about a universe where everything is settled through
- 36.54: About 1 in 20, I reckon
- 37.17: Having been told we had NO TIME left, we really hurried
along... and only blathered for another 15 mins.
- 51.36: I am ENTIRELY WRONG there – they're like the
Quarians from Mass Effect. Got my fictional species mixed
Discuss this episode on irishgaming.com