Apr 26, 2017
This week's hosts: Liam, Oisin and Ian
This week the party give their introductory class to Larping and
how to get into it in Ireland.
- 00:55 "Where to get your fix"!!! As the party have not yet at
this point explained what larping is, it is worth noting that it is
NOT an illicit drug nor anything like one (it is simply an activity
that may cause possible health and financial issues..... actually
come to think of it....)
- 01:12 Level 1: Lite-Larping - Non-Contact/Theatre Larp
- Structured format with Assigned Roles (Werewolf/Mafia/Murder in
the Dark/Secret Hitler)
- 01:25 Werewolf @ The
Clockwork Door in Dublin, as of the time of writing this they
appear to Run a game of Werewolf every Saturday from 4pm, check out
their webpage for more info
- 02:05 Secret Hitler Review
- 03:24 Battlestar Gallactica
- 05:48 Gamer Shame, it does still exist but its not as bad it
used to be!
- 05:55 "No my friend, actually during the week I pin down my
ears and pretend to be Human"
- 07:12 Level 2: Con-Larping - Non-Contact/Theatre Larp -
Freeform format with Assigned or Created Roles
- 17:49 Level 3: Deep-Larping - Contact/Field Larp -
Freeform with Created Roles
- 18:33 Children of the
- 18:35 Academy of
- 18:50 Practical considerations for weekend larps, dress warm,
keep cool, bring food, be happy to pee anywhere.....
- 31:25 Yeah yeah guys, I show-notes'es'ed it like 10 minutes ago
(IGO larp is children of the free apparently)
- 31:50 After practical considerations, we have kit & costume
- 34:57 Thanks to Oisin we have included some links to sellers of
Larp Gear below the timestamped shownotes.
- 36:14 REMEMBER
WEAPONS MUST BE LARP SAFE!!!
Finally remember there are actually no "levels of Larping",
the editor just really likes to organise stuff needlessly!
larpgems.com - Popular UK
based site especially good for weapons
mytholon.com - Popular
German site especially good for soft kit
UK site for amazing, if expensive armour
ringmesh.com - US site for
butchers' style mail
- UK based aluminium and neoprene mail vendor