Nov 8, 2017
This week's hosts: Ian, Oisin and Sean
This week our party gets down and dirty with the topic that
really matters Dice, can you trust them? Should you? Do you need to
pray to the Dice gods? Tune in and find out.
- 01:05 Die superstitions
- 02:20 Dice sacrifice
- 02:41 A well deserved quote of the episode less than 3 minutes
in to Ian for "Die in a fire"
- 03:51 Oooh competetion for quote of the episode, Oisin "Are you
- 04:54 Damn it you just can't trust them GW dice, always looking
to be threes!
- 05:59 We are now testing dice to ensure they aren't making
performance enchancing rolls.
- 06:13 They're not lucky they are statistically favoured based
on mechanical anomalies!
- 06:54 Also known as Confirmation
- 07:19 Sean also throwing his hat in the ring for that quote of
the episode "I like to use my prettiest dice"
- 07:33 Fashionable Dicing
- 09:10 Oisin waxes lyrical about original D&D dice
- 10:06 Die Etiquette
Call of Cthulhu Dice
- 11:17 Pre-attentive
- 13:51 Using other peoples dice
- 15:05 As everyone knows bad-luck is a cross-species virus which
can be transferred from an unlucky player to your (previously)
lucky dice, therefore it is always important to practice good dice
hygiene and just never ever share them.
- 15:20 Dork Tower
- 15:57 The other side of this though is people who are slightly
dice paranoid, I know I've had people say to me after a game "That
looks a lot like my dice, are you sure you didn't take it? Are you
SURE?" It's fair enough to ask once, but some people just keep
pushing it (and yes I stole them all mwahahahahaha)
- 17:19 Cocked dice
- 18:02 Draconian, meaning Sean rolls his dice like a dragon....
- 20:20 See my 15:57 comment :D
- 21:27 The grab bag approach to dice
- 24:10 Ah the "I'll just buy it for you" approach
- 25:15 My dice is due a (Insert Required Number Here)
- 26:21 Maths
- 29:55 At this point I think its worth pointing out that
anydice.com is a fun tool for
looking at probabilities
Bonus Shownotes: Listing of Dice Sounds
Bonus Fun fact: This episode was edited while I
was eating chocolate dice.