Jun 25, 2014
In this week's episode, we answer a listener's question about
what the flat-broke gamer can do to get by on a pittance a day. How
does one game on a budget? It can be a VERY expensive and
compulsive hobby. There's a reason CCGs are occasionally referred
to as “cardboard crack”.
- 0.01: If you're interested in some practical advice on how to
attend gaming conventions on a budget, skip ahead to 41.07
- 1.01: “Ladies” count – 3
- 3.05: I felt we don't talk about Nazis enough in the
- 3.26: “Carabiners” count –
- 4.58: Savage Worlds
- 6.29: Seriously! I ordered tiny, tiny bottles from China, and
we filled them with water and a drop of food dye. When we drink a
potion in-game, we actually drink a potion. In
this image, we put a regular d6 beside them to provide
- 12.25: Weiss
- 12.50: Quote of the Episode: “High five!” “We probably
shouldn't, you'll just have to edit it out later... oh, go on then”
- 12.56: Cardfight!!
Vanguard (don't blame me, they spell it with two
exclamation marks themselves)
- 17.23: Hearthstone
- 20.04: Game
of Thrones LCG
- 24.27: And so an Internet legend is born. When cold, clammy
fingers run across your neck as you're measuring range at the next
tournament... that's Creepy William. Your dice are mysteriously
sticky... Creepy William has paid you a visit. There's some guy
making inappropriate comments about the girl playing at the next
table... actually, that guy's just an asshole and should be held
accountable by the community.
- 26.50: Turn Signals on a Land
- 27.14: Reference Pear courtesy of Shut Up and Sit
- 34.35: Marrying
- 36.05: I teleported bread.
- 44.14: Another option for cheap shipping from the UK is ASK
RONAN. They ship stuff to Northern Ireland, then courier it down to
secure drop-boxes. Very handy.
- 45.15: He's got a second name now! Will Bear aka Creepy
William. If there is an actual wargamer out there called William
Bear, we duly apologise.
Discuss this episode on irishgaming.com